I have another beloved food to share. I put it together when in need of comfortness. It;s super easy and of course healthy. The taste of broccoli goes really well with the heat of the feta cheese. Combined with a few chilli flakes and garlic aroma, makes it a heartful meal quick at warming your bellies!
WHAT YOU NEED (for 3 large portions):
- 3 broccoli stalks with their florets, thoroughly washed, boiled and cut into small pieces
- 2/3 packet of spaghetti or pasta of choice, boiled and drained
- 1 big garlic clove
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 350 gr feta cheese, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilly flakes (μπούκοβο)
- 5 bacon slices into pieces (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
for the washing of the broccoli we need to be extra thorough since warms might be creeping inside and to clean it off the pesticides and fertilizers
- .Wash it carefully, opening the florets with your fingers and letting water pass through.
- Fill a large bowl with water and 3 tablespoons of vinegar. Put the broccoli in and let it sit for 30′.
back to the recipe
- At the same pot you boiled the pasta, empty of its water, pour the olive oil and throw the garlic and chilly flakes. Let it cook at mediumheat for 1′-2′.
- Throw the bacon in and stir for 3′ until it’s cooked.
- Add the spaghetti and stir for 1′.
- Add the broccoli and feta cheese and stir for 1′ to make sure everything is mixed.
- Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Serve hot!
It’s magnificent in its own simplicity. People who don’t enjoy broccoli so much will really appreciate this dish!