Well, hello there!
As you know, I am a big potato lover!!! Yesterday I made sweet potatoes to go with some leftover meat. I made them in my own version and I’m telling you they’re to die for! I’m sure they would go perfectly on a Thanksgiving Table! Savory, spicy, garlicy and sweet all at once. Keep reading and you’ll see.
WHAT YOU NEED (for 4 satisfying portions):
- 3 large sweet potatoes, washed, not peeled (I like leaving the skin on because it is nutritional and gives a rustic look) and cut into cubes the size of a walnut.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary (or oregano)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon spicy chilly mix
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin
- If you want them sweeter, or to enhance this sweetness add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place the potatoe pieces in a bowl of water to loose some of the starch and make them crunchier.
In a small bowl mix all the ingredients until they form a kind of paste.
Drain the potatoes and toss them on a clean towel to absorb the excess moisture.
Toss them in the baking sheet and on top, pour the mixture. Mix them well with your hands so that all the potatoes are covered.
Bake at 200 C (395 F) for 20′. Stir to help them get upside down and bake for another 15′. Serve warm.
Tadaaaahhh!!! An explosion of flavors in your mouth. And oh the aromas in your kitchen!!