«Oh dear lord! Those potatoes are the easiest (and greek-est) recipe ever to satisfy your winter hunger and blues! Tasty, soft with an aromatic tomato sauce! Just see for yourself and bring on the feta cheese and a huge loaf of bread!»
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2-3 cups olive oil (that’s Greece alright!)
- one potato per person, peeled, washed and cut in four (so, about 4-5)
- 1 big onion, chopped
- a bunch of dill, washed and chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- salt, pepper
- loads of feta cheese (optional but strongly advisory)
- loads of bread to soak in your plate (optional but strongly advisory, dude)
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, pour the oil and add the onions. Cook for 2-3′ and let them become a bit transparent.
- Add the potatoes and sautee for 4′-5′ until they get a bit of golden colour.
- Pour the tomato products in, along with the dill, salt and pepper and add 1 cup of water. Cover with the lid and let it cook for about 20′. However, check occasionally in case it needs extra water. You want the potatoes to be intact but soft. Some of them might be crushed but don’t worry.This is good. It will help the sauce thicken.
- Serve warm!
Did you buy enough feta???
Cheesy love from a huge potato lover,