So, I was all alone at home, since Nikos had to be at work for a 24-hour shift. And this usually means infinite time to watch my favourite series, which currently is Devious Maids- I’m totally hooked with Rosie and the way she says “Mr Spence!”- comfort food and wedding planning! Despite all this busy schedule, half-day through, I end up missing him badly, so I turn to food, right? Comfort food, to me, has to include fries or pasta and this time the bag of tortellini in my cupboard was screaming “Boil me, boil me!”, and so I did! It takes no time, it’s fierce and all goes in one pot. Lemon-y, fishy, creamy, with a strong basil flavor. Delicious!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bag of cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 gr cream cheese
- 1 tin of tuna, opened and drained of its water
- 20 fresh basil leaves, washed and chopped (you can use 2 teaspoons dried basil, but the taste won’t be as fresh, still good, though)
- lemon juice from half a lemon
- salt, pepper
- Boil the tortellini following the directions on the bag.
- Drain them and put them under a running tab to cool them down.
- In the same pot you boiled them, empty of water, add the oil at low heat.
- Add the pasta, completely drained and stir softly.
- Add the cream cheese, lemon juice, basil leaves, tuna, salt and pepper and stir softly until the cheese melts, for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and you’re done!
- Serve immediately or eat straight from the pot!
Feels like home! Enjoy guilt-free, because it’s light and tasty. Just make sure you won’t eat all of the pot!