Hello there heartsnyumers!
It’s the weekend! Hooray!!!
Fall has started manifesting itself clearly now in Greece and the air is crisper than ever! I had thrown a light blanket on me last night and finally had the window glass closed for the first time after four warm summer months. So I really slept in! I felt so rejuvenated after this deep, cozy sleep and I remebered once more why I love Fall.
And consequently, Pumpkin Season! A lot of pumpkin baking is going to happen after my training last year! Literally, it was training since it was the first time I decided to deal with pumpkins. I never had! Can you believe that? I started by baking cookies and cupcakes, then moved on to cake pops, pies and tartlettes and I was swooned away. Oh the fan!! And that colour!
However, the preparation of this orange goddess took me some time to make, but after a small research on the net, I found a lovely tip that leaves you with a pumpkin puree like velvet and no watery at all , that will make your baking easier and fuss-free. So, in a nutshell:
- Cut in half, remove the seeds with a spoon and put on a tray with foil.
- Bake it, skin up, at 200 C (390 F) until it becomes butterry and the skin peels off.
- Remove the skin, put the pumpkin in a blender and blend!
- Pour it in a pan and bake again until no waters appear when you trace a line with a spoon.
- Tadaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it in the fridge for 10 days or more.
- Use for ANY kind of baking.
I know. You’re welcome.
Happy Fall Pumpkin Baking Season!