So, I was in a creative rush and besides giant baked beans (will post recipe later) I wanted to bake something cheesy for the side. And no, it wasn’t time for Cheetos (huge fan-another side of me you will learn!), unfortunately. Nikos would be home in half an hour and I wanted to have it ready wating for him to pamper him as he had a long day. I opened my notebook and there it was. The recipe I got from Grandma when I talked to her on the phone the previous day. Another extremely easy and quick mixture in which you can add any herbs you like or have! Let’s go!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used soy milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 a bag baking powder (or 2 full teaspoons)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 gr feta cheese in small pieces (just smash it with your hands)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, rosemary or any other herb
- 100 gr all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
- 100gr semolina (σιμιγδάλι)
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a spoon until the mixture is consistent with lumpy feta cheese pieces.
- Beause Grandma gives all the recipes using the theory of relativity (all greek women do it!) using the expression “add as much flour as the mixture takes!!!” , see if the mixture is too watery and add a little extra flour or semolina. Finally it should look like this:
3. Greese a small pan with olive oil and put the mixture in. Smooth the top with a spoon.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 200 C (400 F) with air until golden and puffy!
Grandma and me! ♥♥