“Crunchy on the outside but smooth and silky on the inside, those baked fries are addictive!”
If you are a potato lover , like me, then those fries are for you! They are healthy and quick but so tasty ,thanks to the secret ingredient, that you won’t believe they’re baked and not fried. So eat up guilt-free!
My dear cousin Fotini hosted us a couple of weeks ago and cooked a lot of dishes for us (I wonder how she found the time in the midst of the two little sons she has), among which were her famous “Bries”. It took her 10’ to prepare and 15’ to bake! Crunchy on the outside but smooth and silky on the inside, those baked fries are addictive! I was excited (as I always am when it comes to potatoes- God’s gift to us!) but also attentive to make sure I didn’t miss the secret ingredient that made all the difference. So, there they are!
YOU WILL NEED:
- parchment paper
- 5-6 potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- paprika (or any other spice you like)
- and…. 4-5 tbsp bread crumbs (τριμμένη φρυγανιά)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash carefully (if you want, peel them, too) and cut the potatoes in slices, just like you would if you were to fry them.
- Put them in the pan.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper and paprika and mix them well with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and you’re done!
- Bake at 200 C (400 F) for 15-20 minutes.
- When they turn brownish and golden they’re ready. Yum!
Simple and delish!