I’ve made those beauties 10 times this summer!I’m eating one now that I’m writing this post!
They’re healthy and perfect for breakfast, a cool-off snack at noon (you know, right after lunch when you desperately need something sweet- who? me?), for after a workout to pick your energy up or even for a late night snack. They’re easy to make, with ingredients we all have in our kitchens.
The only thing needed is those cute popsicle molds to put them in. Easy to be found in all stores.
The fun aspect is that besides the basics you can add anything else you want in the mix! Berries, seeds, nuts, fruits, fruit zest-anything!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 30 minutes before inserting the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze the popsicles until they are frozen solid, about 4 hours, or overnight.
The recipe is from the Recipe Runner and I have to congratulate her!!!
Now, off to your blenders! Those ripe bananas aren’t going to be sitting there all day!!